1. Find out about these job openings
2. How do you apply for the jobs that are not advertised anywhere
Well the answer is simple. Network Network Network !
Its a matter of letting everyone you know what you do and that you are looking for a new opportunity. You will be surprised with the responses.
Don't limit yourself to business contacts.
Here is a list of people you can talk to :
- Family friends
- Local politicians
- Business executives
- Non-profit directors
- Your physician
- Former employees
- Your hair dresser
- Former co-workers
- Prominent community members
- Public relations officials
- Members of professional organizations
Now you ask where are you going to find these people
Well start with these places
- Local alumni association
- Class reunions
- Club meetings
- Cocktail parties
- Neighborhood parties
- Internet list-servers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Business conferences
- Continuing education classes
Make every opportunity count. Treat each meeting like a mini interview.
Make an impression that sticks !