Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Brazen Careerist the blog that is about a different kind of carreer advice

I love reading The Brazen Careerist the blog that is about a different kind of carreer advice. Written by Penelope Trunk. Besides this fabulous blog she has a book out called the BRAZEN CAREERIST. If you are looking for a job then this is one book I totally recommend.

Here is part of her interview on Amazon where you can find her awesome book.
Brazen Careerist: The New Rules for Success
Q: What makes your career advice different?
A: I explain why old advice - like pay your dues, climb the ladder, and don’t have gaps in your resume - is outdated and irrelevant in today’s workplace. I have a reputation for giving advice that is counterintuitive but effective, like take long lunches, ignore people who steal your ideas, and stop vying for a promotion. Both the New York Times and Business Week cited my writing as especially in tune with today’s new workplace.

Also, I am known for test-driving my advice before spewing it. In my personal life, I routinely (often awkwardly) demonstrate buzzwords before they buzz, like the quarterlife crisis, portfolio career, and shared-care parenting. My own career choices have been featured by Time magazine and the London Guardian as examples of the new issues people face at work today.
............................................................
So read her blog for some fresh new ideas for your job search. a good read !

No comments: